Ellie Week 8: Plans for Thanksgiving

 Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays. My siblings are a lot older than me and left for college when I was still moderately young, so it was always fun when they came home. I love waking up and watching the parade and the dog show and I always love a good feast at 2 pm. Last year, our Thanksgiving was a bit different due to Covid, so I wanted to share my plans for this year! First, my dance friends and I are having a Friendsgiving this weekend and are going to do a potluck will all sorts of fun snacks. My level hasn’t been able to hang out outside of dance yet this year so that is going to be a lot of fun. Then, while it still sucks that we have school Monday and Tuesday, my sister’s coming home! She was just home for fall break a month-ish ago, but I’m sooooo excited to see her. My brother isn’t coming home this year, unfortunately, but he’s spending Thanksgiving with his girlfriend in New Mexico, and we’ll see him when we go visit over winter break. Finally, we were never going to cook because we don’t really have a kitchen right now and were planning to order from Ben’s, but my orthodontist is really good friends with my parents and now we’re going there for dinner instead. I love Thanksgiving so much and can’t wait to have a much-needed break from school. Do you like Thanksgiving? What are your plans?




Comments

  1. Hi Ellie!
    I also love thanksgiving. One of my favorite parts of the year is watching the macy's parade and the dog show too! I remember when you were in it and I was trying to look through the dancers to see if I could spot you. Turns out you didn't even get a chance on TV but it was still a fun scavenger hunt. I always wanted to be in the macys parade.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ellie! I actually don't agree with you, as I'm an outspoken hater of Thanksgiving. I don't know, it's just that we eat horrible food. We celebrate the robbery of land of the indigenous people. And worst of all, we have to watch the Lions play! No, but in all seriousness, I'm just not a big fan of Thanksgiving as a holiday. This year though, I think I'm heading up to Long Island, New York with my mom to go celebrate Thanksgiving as well as go to the Brit Milah of my new baby cousin.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ethan Week 3- “Looking at a Coyote”, by Javier Zamora