Romy Week 4 Best Birthday Present Ever


On Monday, October 4th, my parents surprised me with the best birthday present ever: tickets to the Harry Styles concert with my sister. Ellie and I have been planning to go to the concert for almost 2 years now, but things just didn’t work out for us to go together. I had accepted the fact that I wasn’t going to be able to go, so the surprise was that much better. I was in complete shock. We started planning our outfits and listened to all of his songs during every car ride in preparation. My sister lives in Miami, so she drove up on Thursday, slept over, and worked from my house so we could drive together on Friday night. We decided to go an hour early to get merch, so we got dressed and ready quickly to arrive just before 7. 

We stood in line for around 15 minutes, bought a t-shirt and poster(which I hung up in my room), and ate pizza before the opening act. Jenny Lewis opened for Harry, but she was pretty bad in my opinion...and irrelevant. Harry came out just after 9pm and I can’t begin to explain the energy in the building. The floor? Shaking. The crowd? Screeching. The excitement? Through the roof. The moment the first beat struck, the crowd went wild. Harry’s performance was absolute perfection, of course. Also, the graphics on the jumbo screens were fascinating, so fans all the way up in the nosebleeds could still have an amazing experience despite being too far to really see him. Something unique about Harry’s concerts is that he interacts with the crowd in between sets, so you basically get a music and comedy show all at once. 

I would also just like to include that Harry Styles's concerts are basically fashion shows. Everyone showed up in funky outfits ranging from patterned flare pants, to bedazzled everything, to knee-high gogo boots. Unfortunately, Harry’s outfit was pretty boring, but he still looked amazing... obviously. 

Another reason why this concert was particularly amazing was because of the COVID protocols. Being in that environment truly felt like it was normal life again. Everyone in attendance had to either be vaccinated or show proof of a negative test within 2 days. Before you even scan your tickets, you have to show your vaccine card. Harry also required every fan to wear a mask throughout the concert, and pretty much everyone did. Harry truly cares about his fans and has managed his tour in such a safe and loving way… Love on Tour<3 

Have you ever been to your favorite artist's concert? If so, what was it like? If you could go to any artist’s concert, who's would you choose?



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ethan Week 3- “Looking at a Coyote”, by Javier Zamora