Jacob Poller Week 2- Battlefield 2042 (Should we be Worried?)



    As of right now there’s very little going for the gaming community. CDPR’s Cyberpunk 2077 fell through like a sack of bricks. The whole scandal devouring Activision has ruined the Call of Duty franchise for many. And many people are still hesitant to trust EA over the pay to win aspects of already expensive games and the lackluster advent of Battlefield V. But this is where I get excited. EA has debuted a new Battlefield game that leaves expectations high. This new game incorporates so many new elements including but not limited to: being able to change attachments on the fly, massive weather encounters, and a fully destructible environment. And right now things are not looking good. The alpha for the game was plagued with glitches and all around felt terrible. Now the beta is out, and it feels a lot better, but there is still a lot of work to be done.

    Personally I want to stay hopeful for this game to pull through. It’s been too long since I’ve seen a decent triple a game. The last one I genuinely enjoyed was Battlefield 1 and that came out in 2016.... So it's been a while. Ultimately it depends on the developers, and the game has already been delayed for fine tuning, so it’s just a matter  of time before we see. 


Comments

  1. Hi Jacob. Hopefully, this new Battlefield game ends up performing at everyone's expectations! I don't know much about video games honestly. The closest I've gotten to playing any video games was when I used to play Club Penguin and Wizard101 as a kid. I can definitely see how they bring joy to people, though, and it's interesting to learn about everything that goes into creating them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jacob, I don't know anything about video games, but I always hear people talking about how excited they are for new versions or updates of a game. I've never heard of this specific game, but hopefully it improved and has new and exciting features!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ethan Week 3- “Looking at a Coyote”, by Javier Zamora