Lauren-Week 5- Gossip Girl Review

 My all-time favorite show is Gossip Girl. This July 2021, the creators of Gossip Girl, revived the show after 9 years of being off the air since 2012. I was very much anticipating the return of Gossip Girl all summer. My favorite character is most definitely Nate Archibald and Blair Waldorf. Though, I do like the dynamics of the friendship between all the 6 main characters. While I was in camp, I, unfortunately, did not have service strong enough to download the updated version of the Gossip Girl show so there was no way for me to watch it. A few days after I got home, I was ready to watch. I have watched the original Gossip Girl about 1 and a half times which is a lot for me. Being an expert in the show, I was more than ready for the new show. Unfortunately, I turned it off after just one episode. The new show was completely awkward and made so many out-of-hand and unnecessary political comments. Unfortunately, many shows these days are too focused on keeping their viewers interested which comes in the form of inserting politics wherever they see fit. Producers should keep politics out of entertainment. Isolating half of your viewership is never a good idea and cannot be good for anyone’s ratings. On both sides of the spectrum, I think everyone can agree that it is better to keep entertainment light-hearted and there is no need to push any sort of agenda while people are just trying to relax by watching tv.


Comments

  1. Hi Lauren, thanks for sharing your thoughts on the Gossip Girl reboot. I was curious as to whether or not it was good since reboots tend to be very hit or miss. I only watched the first season of Gossip Girl, so I am not an expert on the show, but it seems pretty different from what the reboot looks like. I agree that it isn't smart to insert politics into types of entertainment that are supposed to be relaxing since it can alienate viewers. I probably am not going to watch this reboot because I am not that much of a Gossip Girls fan. However, it was interesting to hear another perspective about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lauren, I honestly have no interest in watching Gossip Girl even though you made a good case. I will say that all of my sisters love the show and my uncle also loves it, but I just have no interest in those types of drama shows.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ethan Week 3- “Looking at a Coyote”, by Javier Zamora