Ellie Week 5: I Love Ted Lasso

 Over the summer I started watching the show “Ted Lasso” with my family because my brother was very enthusiastic about it. I was still suffering from post-camp depression and wasn’t really into the first season, but after watching the 2nd season with my parents, I fell in love! I really recommend this show because it’s so funny, emotional, and deep. It has a lot of good messages, especially in the 2nd season where the talk of mental health is the main theme. The characters are so funny, my favorite being Roy Kent. My friend from dance, Rhyan, also watches the show and every Friday we talk about the most recent episode and what we think, feel, and like/dislike about it. The season finale just dropped a few weeks ago, with talks of the next season being the last, despite its wild success. I’m so excited to watch the next season since there were so many cliffhangers and possible new plot points. “Ted Lasso” is super successful with 20 Emmy nominations, breaking the record, and 7 Emmy wins. I think some of these were deserved, but I’ll also agree that the nominators tend to just go wild and give all the wins and nominations to one show usually. I love this show and I’d recommend it to anyone who doesn’t know what to watch right now. It’s available on Apple TV, but soap2day also has it if anyone doesn’t want to pay for membership. Have you watched “Ted Lasso?” Do you think you will in the future?



Comments

  1. Hi Ellie! I have not watched Ted Lasso, and I thought about starting after that description. I enjoy funny shows, and especially when they have good messages weaved into them. Then I saw that it is only available on Apple TV. soap2day sounds like an extremely sketchy streaming service, but I will look into it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ellie. I have not watched Ted Lasso either, but I have heard a lot of great things about it and have watched a few funny clips of it on YouTube. I would definitely check this show out, as it is the type of comedy that I love to watch. Another funny show that I have watched that this comedy reminds me of is Nathan For You, so if you were looking for any tv shows that will give you a fast laugh, I definitely recommend that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Ellie. I watched the first two seasons of Ted Lasso with my dad, and I have to say it is one of the best shows I've ever watched. For me, it's ideal because I am both a huge football and soccer fan, and I consider myself to be pretty knowledgeable on both those sports, so the fusion of both of them in this show is simply remarkable. I agree with you that Roy Kent is an extremely likeable character, as one thinks of him as mean and grumpy at first, but one's perspective of him changes as you watch the show.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ethan Week 3- “Looking at a Coyote”, by Javier Zamora