Dan Week 2 - Football is back!!!!

 Last Thursday night, the 2021-2022 NFL season kicked off with a matchup between Super Bowl champions and my favorite team, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, against the Dallas Cowboys. To me, there is no greater joy or a single better day in the year than when football starts. I get to look forward to 9 straight hours of football on Sundays, primetime games on Mondays and Thursdays, and of course the playoffs near January-February. 

This NFL season is already drastically different than last year's, and it's only been one week of games! Last year, the NFL did not allow fans in any stadium until the very end of the year, where they allowed 20-25% capacity in select stadiums. This year, every single stadium was cleared by their state to hold full capacity beginning week 1, creating a stadium atmosphere that football players hadn't experienced in over a year and a half! 

This past Sunday was the first Football Sunday of the year, and there's nothing that makes me happier. If you are not familiar with the NFL schedule, teams play 17 regular season games in 18 weeks. Games are regularly played on Sundays, but there is also one NFL game every Monday night and Thursday night. Teams obviously play one game a week, and they have one "bye" week during the season in which they don't have a game, giving the players and coaches some rest. 

On Sundays though, all but two NFL games for that week are played. There is NFL football on from 1pm until 11:30pm, NON-STOP!!! It truly is something special. Imagine your favorite thing in the world. Let's say it's synchronized swimming. Now imagine if you could watch syncronized swimming for ten hours straight, non-stop. Doesn't that sound amazing? Whatever it is that floats your boat, for me it's NFL football, and now that it's back I ain't sinkin' any time soon.  

Comments

  1. We had the tv on football all day, too. Saturday as well, because I'm all about the NCAA football :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dan. I also love watching football! I think it is genius how it works on Sundays where you can watch football non-stop with a little bit of a break from around 740 to 820 for dinner. It works out perfectly and keeps you engaged all day. I honestly couldn't relate to your example about synchronized swimming, but I totally agree with your point that if I did like synchronized swimming, that would be an epic day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dan, that's great that you're passionate about football! I don't personally watch it a lot, but anytime I have, I've enjoyed it. For the past few years, I've been doing fantasy football with my cousins who are much more knowledgeable about sports than me. I just randomly pick players every year who seem to have the highest points, but I don't know what I'm doing at all (spoiler alert: I'm currently losing). I always love to tune in to the Super Bowl and find it interesting to learn about sports every now and then, though.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ethan Week 3- “Looking at a Coyote”, by Javier Zamora