Jacob Poller Week 7- Burnout (A First Try at Poetry)

    I once tried to write poetry not too long ago. It wasn’t good needless to say. It was about the burnout I experienced while doing schoolwork. It was supposed to help distract me but it only made the burnout worse. The whole process of writing was a pain and a half. I had to constantly read it to myself to make sure it flowed properly, and when it didn’t there was always a word or two I could that would fit perfectly, but I could never find them. The whole of the poem was relatively short a with very little detail. But the ending was my favorite part. The very last line was “No motivation to continue writing,” and it ended there. I found it kind of funny. But either way, I don’t think I’ll be doing it again any time soon. It just doesn’t do much for me and it offers more stress than I thought it would. But I will say though it did give me a newfound respect for poets. It takes skill to write poetry well. 


(If you managed to read this far along, congrats. You get to see my subpar and unfinished poem)




So much to be done, 

Nothing yet to be said

Ten past two and the sound of pen across paper fills the room

And then all is silent

They sit back in that wretched chair

Squeaky and decrepit

Unable to think they stay

No motivation to continue writing


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ethan Week 3- “Looking at a Coyote”, by Javier Zamora