Dan - Week 7 - Finally Got All My College Apps In!

 Wow! The week of October 24-31 might have been the most excruciating seven days of my young life! As most of you in our class know, many college applications were due on November 1st, typically the “early action” application. For me, since I didn’t apply to any private or Ivy League schools (they usually have their deadlines around December-January) all my applications were due by November 1st. This meant that even though I had been working hard on apps and getting my stuff done, I needed to really grind out the last week, meaning finalize supplemental essays, putting finishing touches on my resume and essay, and filling out all the individual questions for each university on the Common App. The weekend of October 29-31 I stayed home almost entirely, spending countless hours in front of the computer every day writing essays, and on that Saturday night, I finalized all my applications, officially submitting them through Common App. As I can imagine many of you can relate, the relief I felt leaving my body after that last application was submitted is something that cannot be replicated. The entire college experience is something that we only get once and is something that plays a major role for the rest of our lives, so a sense of satisfaction and accomplishment is normal. I really want to know about your guys’ experience with applications and the entire process as a whole, who knows how similar/different they are. Did you guys apply to more schools with November 1st deadlines or January 1st deadlines? What about early decision applications, did any of you apply to ED anywhere? I didn’t because I didn’t like one specific school so much more than others I applied to, and EDing somewhere is obviously a binding contract so I was not prepared for that big of a commitment. I wish the best for all of you and myself in these incredibly important upcoming months!

Common Application - Wikipedia

Comments

  1. Hi Dan! This is so amazing because of how stressful college application season is. I am so glad we are through this and now all we have to do is sit back, relax, and wait. There were so many documents, forms, and applications in the entire process and it was all just so overwhelming but it is behind us now!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ethan Week 3- “Looking at a Coyote”, by Javier Zamora