Ellie Week 9: Carmela Coffee Review

 This past weekend I tried out this coffee shop, Carmela Coffee. This place was absolutely adorable, the food was great, and the vibes were amazing. I had a lot of work to do and both my mom and I were hungry for lunch, and I’d heard a lot about this place so we decided to go. We went an hour-ish before it closed on Sunday, but it was still pretty crowded. There are cute couches, a bar, and tables outside, but it’s still a small building and definitely felt a bit squished. They have a lot of cute coffee-shop-type foods and we chose their feta and walnut avocado toast and the parmesan arugula avocado toast. They also have yummy-looking pastries, salads, and other sandwiches which I’ll have to try next time. They also have different types of coffee and tea. I got an iced vanilla latte and my mom got this lavender peach tea with lemonade that was SUPER sweet, but still really good. They also played really chill music that consisted of a lot of songs I actually knew which was nice. We ate and worked for about an hour before they notified us they’d be closing. I really enjoyed my time at Carmela Coffee and would definitely recommend it to someone looking for a cute coffee shop with good food. If there were any things I didn’t love about it, they would be that it was a bit small and got crowded easily, they close super early during the week and especially early on the weekends, and it was a bit pricy. The prices were a little more expensive than I’d like, but the coffee was really high quality and the avocado toast was really big, which was nice. Overall this was a great experience and I can definitely see myself going back. Have you been to Carmela Coffee? If not, would you like to?





Comments

  1. Hi Ellie. This Carmela place sounds very good, and we have a few places in Hollywood that seem like they give similar vibes like Cafe Nuar and Grand Cafe too name a few, both of them I highly recommend if you are in the area. I am more of a meat guy though and usually like to go out to meat restaurants though, unless it is a good pizza place, but this definitely sounds like a good restaurant from your review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ellie! I totally agree with every aspect of your review. When I went, I loved the vibes, but thought the food and coffee was okay and on the expensive side. I definitely feel like it's a great place to go and get work done, so I'm glad we have one so close to school. I haven't been to the location by school, but I've heard they are generally very similar and just have slightly different layouts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Ellie! The coffee at Carmela is really good. There is one super close to my house and the vibes within the coffee shop are so nice and calming. The ambiance is really the main pro to Carmela because I like my homemade coffee or Starbucks better but I really enjoyed going.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ethan Week 3- “Looking at a Coyote”, by Javier Zamora