Eden Richman Week 5 - Boca Art Museum Machu Picchu Exhibit Review

     Last week, I went to the Boca Raton Art Museum to see their Machu Picchu Exhibit. I learned a lot from the exhibit and enjoyed how it was set up. Even though the art didn't interest me too much, I still had fun and appreciated all the work put into it. 

    The first thing I did was go to the virtual reality room which looked very futuristic. It had golden egg-shaped chairs and blue cushions inside of them. After sitting myself down in the chair, I put on the VR glasses and went on a tour of Machu Picchu. I know the goal of the movie was to learn about Machu Picchu, but I was too busy looking around at the view and also being amazed at how real everything felt (I actually felt like I was flying!). After that, my eyes felt really strained but they stopped hurting after a few seconds.

    After the VR movie, I went upstairs to watch a quick normal movie recapping what was said before, and after the movie was over two large doors made of stone opened up to reveal the exhibit. It was very cool to walk into, it sounded like a rainforest and was dark inside with lights shining on each of the pieces of artwork. As I walked through the exhibit, there was a different part of a myth written on the walls, along with artwork (mostly jugs and bowls) that were built in the shape of characters in the story. The artwork wasn't that interesting, it was kind of plain, and you could tell that they were made for practical use and not to be looked at. I did find the jugs interesting because all of them had a handle that combined with the spout which I had never seen before and might try making one myself. Even though the artwork was not the best, I enjoyed learning more about the people who lived in Machu Picchu, their culture, and their myths, and the genius that went into creating the entire place. This exhibit seems more fit for a history museum than an art one.

This is what the VR looked like



Comments

  1. Hey Eden, this exhibit sounds so cool! I have heard really great things about the Boca Raton Museum of Art but have never actually went. This exhibit looks awesome maybe I will have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The virtual reality tour was a total waste of money. It was awful and disappointing. If you have been to Soarin' at Epcot Center in Disney World, you would know what I mean.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ethan Week 3- “Looking at a Coyote”, by Javier Zamora