Lauren- Week 2- Acai

    My favorite food of all time is acai bowls. I make them at home almost every day for lunch when I get home so I will say the recipe now. This is very good and you should try it if you like fruit as much as I do. The first step I take is letting an acai packet that I get at Publix sit out on the counter top for about 5 to 7 minutes. This is a very crucial step in the acai process. It is very important to not let it sit out for too long because then the acai will be watery and not thick if it is left out to melt for a while. The brand of acai that I use is called Sambazon Acai Packets in the unsweetened version for reference. Next, I blend that with a handful of frozen mango and a handful of frozen strawberries. Though I use mango and strawberries you can really use any frozen fruit. I just use those because they are my favorites. I also add a little bit of almond milk so that it blends easier and I do not break the blender. Once it is all blended, I place it in a bowl. Then I top the bowl with sliced bananas and sliced strawberries. Additionally, sometimes I add shredded coconut if i'm feeling it. The coconut adds a pretty look to it but does not really taste like much. A lot of people also add granola on top I just don’t. Anyways, let me know if you have ever made this or if you like acai bowls in the comments.


Comments

  1. Hi Lauren, thanks for sharing your recipe! It's been a while since I've made an acai bowl, but I definitely want to try it again soon. They're certainly my favorite snack and are so healthy and simple! Do you ever get acai bowls from smoothie places? If so, what's your favorite place? I love Raw Juce for bowls sometimes, but it seems like making them at home is much cheaper for the long run!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lauren. I also love acai bowls. I prefer to buy them over making them because everytime I make them they just turn out bad. I used to get them as this place called Anzo but they closed. Raw Juce and Playa Bowls also sell really good ones. Maybe I'll try out your recipe and I can finally make a good homemade acai bowl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds amazing, Lauren! Believe it or not, I've never had an acai bowl. I keep wanting to try it, and I like acai. Now I'm tempted to try making one.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ethan Week 3- “Looking at a Coyote”, by Javier Zamora